2012 College Signees
Lauren Eklund, Charlottesville, VA – Old Dominion University
Calley Lawson, Gaithersburg, MD – Tusculum
Jessica Merrill, Reston, VA – Wisconsin
Mary Jordan Nogay, Silver Spring, MD – Presbyterian College
Elyse Smidinger, Crofton, MD – Denver
Karishma Thiagaraj, Haymarket, VA – James Madison University
Keegan Boone, Bethesda, MD – Loyola (Maryland)
Alex Church, Timonium MD – Towson State University
Cas Dickerson, Bel Alton, MD – Towson State University
Christopher Hickman, Centreville, MD – East Tennessee State
Maclain Huge, Lovettsville, VA – Virginia Tech
Chris Kapsak, Richmond, VA – James Madison University
Chris O’Neill, Glen Allen, VA – Michigan
Trevor Times, Williamsburg, VA – East Carolina
Connor Walters, Salem, VA – James Madison University
2011 College Signees
- Alexandra Austin, Robinson High School (VA) - Radford University
- McKenzie Cutter, North Point High School (MD) – Seton Hall
- Denny McCarthy, Georgetown Prep (MD) – University of Virginia
- Austin Doerr, Norther Garrett High School (MD) - Barton College
- Shabril Brewer, Westfield High School (VA) – James Madison University
- Noori Hyun, Centreville High School (VA) – Michigan
- Tyler Wingo, Paul VI Catholic High School (VA) – Notre Dame
- Ji Soo Park, Chantilly High School (VA) – University of Virginia
- Ben Warnquist, DeMatha High School (MD) – University of Maryland
- Ralph Blasey, Landon School (MD) – Davidson
- Bart George, Broadneck High School (MD)- Loyola University (MD)
- Jordan Sweet, DeMatha High School (MD) – University of Maryland
- Brett Myers, Damascus High School (MD) – Towson University
- Maia Schechter, Montverde Academy, FL- University of North Carolina
- Brantley Kushner, Loudoun County High School (VA) – Miami University (OH)
- Connor Tendall, Wootton High School (MD) – Xavier
2010 College Signees
- Alex Hoffman, Middletown High School (MD) – University of Memphis; Hoffman won the Individual Competition at the 2009 Maryland Public Secondary School State Championship and led his team to the Class 2A/1A Team title; Memphis is a member of Conference USA and is currently ranked 105 in the Golfweek/Sagarin College Ratings.
- Victor Monte, Chantilly High School (VA) – Georgia College and State University; Monte has had a very successful high school career as well as in AJGA competition. Georgia College and State University is a member of the Peach Belt Conference and finished the fall 2009 season as the number two DII team in the country (after holding the number one spot for six weeks!).
- Wes Liu, Westfield High School (VA) – George Mason University (VA); Wes is no stranger to the pages of DC Metro Junior Golf. This year he consistently posted low scores, including the team low score in the Divison Championship and Regional Championship on their way to winning the 2009 AAA State Golf Championship (he had the team low score here, also). George Mason is a member of the Colonial Athletic Association and is currently ranked 194 in the Golfweek/Sagarin College Ratings.
- Amanda Steinhagen, Oakton High School (VA) – Longwood University (VA); Amanda was named the VSGA Golfer of the Year (Junior Girl) for 2009. See the DC Metro Junior Golf article here. Amanda won the 2009 VHSL AAA State Championship title by 11 strokes. She also won the 2007 Championship. Her accomplishments are plenty and include qualifying as an amateur for the 2009 Duramed Futures Tour iMPACT Classic (professional tour) in Richmond, VA. Check out the DC Metro Junior Golf exclusive interview with Amanda. Amanda walks us through her State Championship rounds, her practice habits, the recruiting process, her favorite song at the moment, what’s in the bag and more.
- Sara Stanley, Westfield HIgh School (VA) – James Madison University (VA); Sara lettered four years at Westfield and a contributor to the school’s AAA High School Championship this year where she finished 10th, individually. JMU competes in the Colonial Athletic Association (NCAA Division I). The JMU golf team (Womens and Mens) is getting a brand new on-campus practice facility for the fall 2010 season.
- Graham Lawyer, Oakton High School (VA) - George Washington University (DC); Graham, the captain and MVP of the 2010 Oakton squad was a Washington Post All-Met Honorable Mention in 2010. He had a very successful high school career, including being named to the First Team of the Washington Post’s All Fairfax Team, All District in the competitive Concord District where he finished second in the District Tournament his senior year and placing third at the 4th Annual Serv Pro Invitational, the largest high school golf tournament in the DC Metro area.